Rite of Christian Initiation
RCIY is the younger sibling of Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). It comprises those who wish to begin their faith journey, called ‘enquirers’, who will be accompanied by adult Catholics called ‘sponsors’ as well as the leadership and administration team. Invited speakers are also integral to RCIY as they bring their unique gifts and charisms to the journey.
The team prepares young people from 15 to 25 years of age to receive the sacraments of Christian initiation – Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Communion.
The RCIY journey involves pastoral formation and guidance. It guides young people as they learn about the Church’s fundamental beliefs and practices and acts as a stepping stone towards their being accepted as full-fledged members of the Catholic Church.
In RCIY, enquirers will get the experience of being in a Catholic community. Speakers and sponsors serve as a living demonstration of the faith and act as witnesses to an individual’s journey.
Role of Ministry
- To educate non-Catholic youths and young adults on the pillars of our faith
- To guide and be witnesses on their journey towards Baptism
Who can join
Anyone between the ages of 15 and 25, who:
- Are curious about Christ and the Catholic faith
- Have not yet been baptised
- Have been baptised into another Christian faith
- Are seeking First Communion and/or Confirmation
Every Friday from 8.00pm to 10.00pm at Saint John’s Room (Annex Building, Level 2)
Co-ordinator: Sherwin Lin
Tel: 9857 2241